Truth -->Belief -->Trust


“…just as we must learn to obey God one choice at a time, we must also learn to trust God one circumstance at a time.  Trusting God is not a matter of my feelings but of my will.  I never feel like trusting God when adversity strikes, but I can choose to do so even when I don’t feel like it.  The act of the will, though, must be based on belief, and belief must be based on truth.”  (Trusting God, by Jerry Bridges, pg. 52.)
(I’m slowly making my way through this book.  One person recently highly recommended I read it; he described it as "a dissertation on the sovereignty of God."  I'm only a couple chapters into the book, and already I can tell that he’s right. If you ever struggle with asking “why?” when it comes to those hard things in life, you need to read this book.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Rejoice and To Weep

On Blogging and Doing It For God's Glory

Miscarriage and Comfort in the Psalms