November and Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is just around the corner!  I absolutely love this time of year--the  fall colors, the just-right-kind-of-weather-for-a-hoodie, the yumminess of pies...oh yeah! (Which reminds me--I have a bunch of granny smith apples that need made into a pie or crisp!)

Anyway, with Thanksgiving coming up, I decided to challenge myself: find at least two things to be thankful for each day of this month.  It's been super great!

Forcing myself to be intentional about gratefulness has made me notice the simple things in life:  Like on Monday this week when Isaac had an extra hour before work this work, so he made breakfast (which he rarely does!) Or the truckload of free firewood from a co-worker.  Or the blessing of gathering with a body of believers to worship God through music and the preaching of the Word.  Or the unusually nice fall weather we're having right now, even though it is November and we're in SD!

While we're talking about Thanksgiving and being thankful...check out this article  by Mark Altrogge on Cultivating Thankfulness and Joy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Rejoice and To Weep

On Blogging and Doing It For God's Glory

Miscarriage and Comfort in the Psalms