Merely a breath

 Evil has always been present in this world, but sometimes it is easy to forget about it when it isn't directly affecting us personally.  In light of current events, I find myself selfishly fearing for what might be in store for us....   It's a scary world we live in (although I guess people have been saying that for years, I'm sure...there's really nothing new.)

Anyway, I guess God knows my heart and the fears that have filled my mind over the past few days:  He caused me to read a verse today that helped give peace and re-adjust my heart and mind: "Behold, Thou hast made my days as handbreadths, and my lifetime as nothing in Thy sight, Surely every man at his best is a mere breath. [Selah.]"  and again "Surely every man is a mere breath." (Psalm 39:5, 11) 

We will all die.  Once to every man, there is an appointed time to die.   Death has a way of conquering even the most powerful, rich, healthy, and invincible--even those who are evil and bring terror and death to innocent people.

Evil will not always triumph over good.  It may seem to prevail...for now.  

But life is but a breath.  

God is in control...and one day He will bring all evil to an end.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Rejoice and To Weep

On Blogging and Doing It For God's Glory

Miscarriage and Comfort in the Psalms