Good, Sovereign, Trustworthy

Who am I to question God’s ways?  Yes, God is good.  Yes, He is sovereign.  Yes, I can trust Him.  

I don’t say  all that lightly.  When the circumstances of life *seem* to contradict some of these most foundational aspects of God’s character, that is when we struggle to turn those Sunday school answers into real heart-knowledge and a deep-seated conviction and experience of their REALITY and IMPACT on our lives! The struggle  between head knowledge and feelings is real, oh so real…
 
These foundational truths of God’s goodness, sovereignty, and trustworthiness give strength in time of greatest need…when our faith is so weak and feeble…when we, like Peter, can only see the waves crashing in around us in the middle of the storm.  When we can do nothing but cry out “Lord, help me in my unbelief of Your goodness towards Your children, because right now, I can’t seem to see past the here and now, even though I know You’ve promised greater things to come to those who love You.  Help me to see how Your loving-kindness is the very thing that sustains my every breath.  Help me to believe that every good and perfect gift comes from You. Help me to take Your Word at face value and wholly trust the Author of it.”


And with each wave of struggle and doubt, when we think we just. can’t. go. any. further. He gives grace and strength.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Rejoice and To Weep

On Blogging and Doing It For God's Glory

Miscarriage and Comfort in the Psalms