Summer Coffee Drink {A Recipe}

I like coffee.  But I’m not a connoisseur, so here’s my disclaimer for this post about a coffee drink I like to make:  I don’t think I’ve ever bought coffee beans, I don’t own a coffee bean grinder or any kind of french press or drip thingys, and rarely do I even buy fancy-flavored coffee grounds (so I’m really not too picky about my coffee.)

 If you are a connoisseur,  you’ll probably puke if you read too much further in this post, so you should quit reading right now before you start thinking “How in the world can she even call that ‘coffee’?!?” (If you aren’t already thinking that!) 

I do realize I’m probably greatly outnumbered and in an incredibly small minority of the earth’s population. 

But I really don’t care.

Anyway, for those of you who aren’t picky about your coffee, here’s a recipe from Taste of Home’s June/July 2014 issue.  I’ve enjoyed making this drink during hot summer days when I want some coffee but also want something cold to drink:

To make the drink:
- 2 quarts cold milk
- 1 cup  coffee milk syrup**

Mix the milk and coffee syrup until blended and serve.

**To make the coffee syrup:
- Brew 1/2 cup finely ground coffee with 2 cups cold water in a coffeemaker. 
- Combine brewed coffee and 1 cup sugar (I only put in 1/2 cup to maybe 3/4 cup) in a saucepan.
- Simmer until reduced to about half the original amount (about 30 minutes.)

Refrigerate until cold or up to 2 weeks. 

Use as directed.

****
I usually just make up a batch of the coffee syrup and then mix a few tablespoons syrup to about 1 c. milk for an individual serving.

Enjoy!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To Rejoice and To Weep

On Blogging and Doing It For God's Glory

Miscarriage and Comfort in the Psalms