Blessed be the Name of the Lord

In a time of sadness and grief, God gave comfort and encouragement through His Word the other day. God is good.

“The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord.”  Job 1:21

God has taken away our precious little ones.
Blessed be His name.
God has allowed pain, but He is the God of all comfort.
Blessed be His Name.
He is the One Who gave us our little ones in the first place.
Blessed be His name.
He has made us to be as Mt Zion, unmovable and surrounded by the Lord.(Ps. 125:1-2)
Blessed be His name.
The Lord has done great things for us. (Ps. 126:3)
Blessed be His name. 
I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in His word do I hope. (Ps. 130:5)
Blessed be the name of the Lord.                  
He is good and His mercy endureth forever. (Ps. 136:1)
Blessed be His name.
In the day when I cried thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul. (Ps. 138:3)
Blessed be Your name.
I cannot flee from Your presence—You are ever with me. (Ps. 139)
Blessed be the name of the Lord.
We groan, yet await the glorious redemption of our bodies. (Rom. 8:23)
Blessed be the Lord.
Nothing can separate us from His love for us in Christ Jesus. (Rom. 8:38-39)
Blessed be His name.
The sufferings of Christ abound in us; our comfort also abounds through Christ. (2 Cor. 1:5)
May the Lord be blessed. 
Christ is risen; thus we have hope beyond this present life. (1 Cor. 15)
Blessed be the Lord.
God’s grace is sufficient for me. (2 Cor. 12:9)
Blessed be the Lord. 
Christ is our Great High Priest who can identify with our infirmities. (Heb. 4:14-16)
Blessed be His name.
By faith we walk with Him and worship Him, knowing He is God.
Blessed be the Lord forever!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Blogging and Doing It For God's Glory

A story in pictures...

To Rejoice and To Weep