Hello Summer 2017!

32 WEEKS TODAY! 
That means that our little girl (also affectionately known as Hazelelelponi) should be here 8 weeks, give or take a few days! 

That means that in more or less 8 weeks, our lives are basically going to be turned upside down, never again to be the same!

That means we will officially be a family of three. 

That means we’ll immediately be charged with the incredible responsibility to raise her up “in the way she should go.” 

That means we’re going to have to figure out this whole “being a parent” thing. 

That means lots of hugs and kisses and just lots of watching this little Bundle of Joy.

Cannot. Wait.

Meanwhile…
I have lots of time on my hands right now. 

The last few months have been super busy: The beginning of March, my part-time job volunteering in the kitchen at Cornerstone Bible Institute basically became a full-time job for 2 months.  That meant that I was in charge of a ton of details: keeping up with the inventory and grocery lists, occasional shopping trips, making meals everyday, planning menus, ordering groceries, supervising the evening cook, and lots of other things that  came up throughout the week.  (Oh, and did I mention that at the end of the school year, I was in charge of feeding the 150 people that showed up for the 25-Year Celebration event?  I mean, there’s not much difference between serving 30-40 people and serving 150 people, right?  Haha… Riiiight.)

Despite all the extra responsibilities and craziness of the past couple months (plus being being pregnant,) I really did enjoy the experience!

Would it have been my first choice to be in charge of feeding 30 people every day for 2 months?  No way.  Never in my life would I have seen myself being fully responsible for something like that.  Seriously.  Never. 

But God has a sense of humor and puts us in places that are way outside our comfort zone.  And this was definitely outside of my comfort zone!

At the same time, however, He also enables us.  And I can testify that He did just that in very real ways over the past few months.  

On top of all of that, I believe God was very specifically working in this pregnancy to keep back that morning sickness and extreme tiredness and all the other fun stuff that comes with being in the 1st and 2nd trimesters of pregnancy!  He graciously allowed this pregnancy  to be one of the easiest  pregnancy experiences (so far!) that I’m sure I will ever have! 

But school is now over, and the responsibilities that have consumed my life for the last 3 months are over.  Now what?  What am I to do in these 8 weeks before our life is so crazily changed in such a wonderful way??

I’ve decided I need a list of summer projects to work on.  Otherwise, I know I will waste away these weeks and will have nothing to show for all this extra time I now have on my hands. 

So here are some of the projects on my list:
- Deeeeeep clean the house (oh yes!  As much as I don’t like doing it, it needs it!)
- Try my hand at quilting and make a baby quilt.  (I've always wanted to try it, so now is the perfect excuse to try it!  We'll see how it goes!)
- Finish some books I’ve started but never finished.
- Finish the Describe Him blog-post series that I started oh, so, long ago.
- Get organized for heading up the AWANA Cubbies program this fall. (Any great tips on working with 3,4, and 5 year olds?) 
- Get ready for Hazelelelponi!

And there you have it.

Hello Summer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Rejoice and To Weep

On Blogging and Doing It For God's Glory

Miscarriage and Comfort in the Psalms