Saturday Smiles {Anniversary Edition}

Ok, I already posted pictures of us as a couple in my last post... And while our anniversary was three days ago, we still are kind of "celebrating" with a few other things: 


I think I got this from my parents: every year on their anniversary, they would make carrot cake to celebrate, since carrot cake was what they had at their wedding.  Soo...I made some lemon meringue pie to celebrate our anniversary!  Lemon Meringue isn't your hearty eat-with-ice-cream-and-fill-you-up kind of pie like apple pie is, but there's something about lemon meringue that just hits the spot...almost like comfort food. Especially with a cup of coffee.  (And when there is only two of us to eat it, a whole pie lasts us several days!) 


Isaac brought home this gorgeous hanging pot of flowers!  I don't know the name of it, but I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it! 


Here's a close up of one of the blooms starting to open....


And a fully-opened bloom!  It's so exotic--can't wait until the whole plant is covered with opened blossoms!   

I am thankful we get to celebrate God's grace and faithfulness in our lives over the last three years. 
 God is good. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Rejoice and To Weep

On Blogging and Doing It For God's Glory

Miscarriage and Comfort in the Psalms