In some ways, these days are some of the most exciting days of my life: In less than two months, I will be getting married.  In other ways, these days are some of the most difficult .  God is taking me and my family through a time that I never would have imagined He would be taking us.  At times the weight seems more than I can bear.  And then God reminds me that He is here, right by my side.  He is the One Who has allowed things to happen in the first place.  He is the One wants me to glorify Him and find my joy in Him. However, I do have the option to do otherwise.  

Just yesterday, I heard an old song that I believe was penned by St. Francis de Assisi.  With a beautiful and rich melody, this prayer-like song encouraged and blessed my heart.  

Lord make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
And where there is sadness, joy.

O divine master grant that I may
not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love
For it is in giving that we receive-
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned.
And it's in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Rejoice and To Weep

On Blogging and Doing It For God's Glory

Miscarriage and Comfort in the Psalms