And the Count-Down is Onnnnnn!

We are now past the 37 weeks mark!  That means baby Stanley, also affectionately known {for now} as Hazelelelponi (or Hazel for short!), could be here basically any time in the very near future!
Almost 36 weeks! 
I think I’ve hit the “you can come any time now, Hazel” stage, which will probably only serve to make the next three weeks draaaaaag by ever so slowly.  Oh well.  Eventually the time will pass, no matter how slow it may seem to be going.  Overall, these months have gone by quite quickly, so I guess I can’t complain. 

In the meantime, I’ve been trying to keep myself busy.  The past month/six weeks or so is basically the first time in a quite a while that I haven’t had an outside job, so I’m having to be diligent in all of those housewifely duties that I’m supposed to do...  While at times have so much extra time on my hands contributes to getting even less done around the house, it has, overall, been a blessing: keeping on top of things like dishes, laundry, and deep (or even just general) cleaning has never been a strong point for me, so it has been really nice to feel like I'm getting into a routine {of sorts!} in doing these never-ending tasks.  Hopefully that will help make like less chaotic once Hazel comes!

On a side note, do you know how good it feels to clean out cupboards and drawers and closets and storage totes, only to discover that about half the stuff in those places are all junk (or even trash!) to get rid of?  I thought I didn’t have much storage room for putting all this baby stuff that people have given me, but once I went through a few cupboards and drawers, I now have all sorts of extra room!  It is quite a nice feeling when that happens! 

I’ve also been working on some freezer meals.  I’ve read different blog posts with a ton of recipes for freezer meals, but have never really done much along those lines.  But I decided to try it out now.

Little by little, I’ve made up several meals of meatballs (for sweet and sour meatballs, porcupine meatballs, Italian meatballs in spaghetti sauce or for sandwiches, or whatever other kind of meatball meal I feel like making), fried up hamburger to add to things like spaghetti, chili, or tacos. A couple packages of pork roast in the crock pot for Kaluah Pork (pork roast with liquid smoke and salt) are now ready to be made into taco pork, pulled pork, or even just eaten plain with Sunday lunch style potatoes and carrots. And, since green peppers freeze up so great, I also have a meal of beef fajitas, all seasoned and ready to be cooked up! There are also several meal-sized packages of plain chicken chunks and strips, all ready to be cooked up, as well as some actual recipes with the seasonings already added to them....

I’m kind of excited about how easy it has been to make up these meals, so hopefully they end up being just as easy to cook up...aaand of course, it will be nice if they actually turn out tasty as well! We’ll see how it goes!


OK.  I’ll admit it.  I must be doing what they call “nesting.”  haha

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Rejoice and To Weep

On Blogging and Doing It For God's Glory

Miscarriage and Comfort in the Psalms