Hallelujah!

Resurrection Sunday.  Such an incredible day to celebrate.  I would like to be able to sit down and write an eloquent post on it, but I can't.  However, that doesn't mean that the significance of this event is consequently lost.  Please no!  Whether or not I continue to grow in my understanding of the fundamental necessity of the resurrection to my Christian faith, the truth remains: without the resurrection, there would be no salvation, there would be no hope, there would be no sanctification.  

Jesus is alive!  How does that affect my present circumstances?  How does that change my perspective of the future?  How does that impact my relationship with Him?   My mind cannot seem to sort out specific and detailed answers right now for these questions, but I rest in the certainty that Christ has conquered death and that He has "begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." (1 Peter 1:3-5)

I am humbled that Christ loved me enough to die on the cross for my sins. I rejoice and praise Him that He had to rise from the dead and leave that tomb empty so that one day, we too may "also be in the likeness of his resurrection. (Romans 6:5)

Christ is risen! 
He is risen indeed! 

P.s. If you have not already done so recently, go read 1 Corinthians 15 for a solid case presented on why Christ had to rise again and why His resurrection is fundamental to our faith!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Rejoice and To Weep

On Blogging and Doing It For God's Glory

Miscarriage and Comfort in the Psalms